You may be entitled to a tax credit of up to $500*** if you installed energy-efficient windows, skylights, doors or other qualifying items in 2018-2021**.
Federal tax credits for certain energy-efficient improvements to existing homes have been extended through December 31, 2021. If you purchased and installed a qualifying product in 2018-2021, then you may qualify for this tax credit.
How to Qualify for the Tax Credit:*
- Purchase and install qualifying windows or patio doors that meet ENERGY STAR® Windows Program version 6.0 performance requirements beginning January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2021.**
- Save your sales receipt, a copy of the Manufacturer's Certification Statement and product performance (NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR Qualification) sheet with your tax documents.
A. Download your Renewal by Andersen Manufacturer's Certification Statement. (For Andersen patio doors visit HERE)
B. Download your Product Performance NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR version 6.0 Qualifications Sheet (see attachments at the bottom of the page). This document shows you which products meet ENERGY STAR version 6.0 performance criteria for your area.
- Claim the tax credit associated with your qualifying purchase and installation on your Federal filing for the applicable tax year.
- Tax credit is for the cost of the product only. The credit does not include installation costs
- Tax credit is 10% of the amount paid up to the maximums listed below***
- $500 total maximum lifetime tax credit for any and all improvements, including other eligible items as listed in the Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code
- $200 total maximum tax credit for qualifying windows and skylights
- $500 total maximum tax credit for all qualifying improvements, including windows or skylights
4. If a combination of windows, skylights and doors are purchased, then the total maximum credit is $500, of which $200 is the maximum allowable for windows and skylights
5. The tax credit is an extension of the 26 U.S.C. §25C tax credit, which means all previous federal tax credits are a lifetime maximum credit. A homeowner who has already claimed the maximum applicable tax credits permitted under 26 U.S.C. §25C in previous tax years is no longer eligible for this tax credit
Learn More about ENERGY STAR
• Find more information at www.energystar.gov or call (888) STAR-YES/ (888-782-7937)
This is a summary of the tax credit elements related to windows and doors as set forth in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue as modified by the Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, which was signed by the President on December 27, 2020, which among other things, extends the tax credits in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code on eligible property purchased and installed through December 31, 2021. Renewal by Andersen only verifies that its products with an ENERGY STAR label meet the ENERGY STAR version 6.0 performance criteria for the particular climate zones indicated on the label at the time the product was manufactured. Renewal by Andersen bears no responsibility for determining whether a particular purchase or application qualifies for the tax credit. Further, Renewal by Andersen does not intend to and is not providing legal or tax advice and recommends that purchasers consult their own tax advisor or the IRS to determine whether the products they purchase for a particular application qualify for the tax credit.
Andersen windows with select glass options qualify in many U.S. ENERGY STAR version 6.0 climate zones when used for remodeling, replacement or home improvement. As the ENERGY STAR version 6.0 criteria differs by climate zone, please review the ENERGY STAR requirements in the climate zone where the product will be installed and refer to the Renewal by Andersen NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR version 6.0 Qualifications sheet to select the product. Please consult your tax planner and review all IRS guidelines. Renewal by Andersen is not a tax advisor.
These credits, which include the aggregate of all current and prior taxable years, cannot exceed the maximums listed for any taxpayer.
Request an Estimate
Read reviews from customers near you.
OUR HASSLE-FREE PROCESS IN 4 EASY STEPS!
Our design consultants provide in-home or no-contact virtual meetings to listen to your design needs and provide a plan to improve your home.
Measure & Manufacture
Project Technicians ensure accuracy and answer any last minute questions before sending in the order for your fully customized windows.
Our Installers treat your home as if it were their own and clean up afterwards.
A robust limited warranty is backed by a commitment to making sure your windows function as expected.